Interior Designer I
JPC Architects is one of the leading corporate interiors and architecture firms in the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to excellent client service and superior design. Our talented architects, interior designers and technical staff describe our culture as collaborative, creative, flexible, welcoming, dynamic, rewarding and fun. JPC offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including; flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
JPC Architects is seeking an Interior Designer I to support our design teams throughout all phases of commercial interior architecture development and design projects.
- Participate in internal project visioning and meetings
- Participate in team collaboration on initial design concepts
- Assist with design development presentations
- Under supervision, develop preliminary space plans and programming documentation
- Conduct site verifications and site surveys to delineate existing conditions
- Assemble fabric and finish palettes
- Assist with writing furniture or lighting specifications
- Under supervision, draft basic construction drawings or correct drawings redlined by others
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, interior architecture or architecture from an accredited school
- At least two (2) years of commercial interior design/architecture experience
- Basic understanding of commercial space planning principles
- Basic understanding of the permitting process
- Growing understanding of how commercial interior spaces are designed and constructed
- Basic knowledge of furniture systems
- Knowledge of interior materials and finishes
- Skilled at pulling together materials, colors and textures in cohesive and creative ways
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp and InDesign
Please apply here or through our website (www.jpcarchitects.com/careers) by uploading your resume, cover letter and portfolio as PDF. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No phone calls or recruiters please.