Project Architect / Job Captain
JPC Architects is the Northwest leader in commercial interiors + architecture setting the benchmark for excellent design and creative problem solving. Our values of imagination, innovation, initiative, integrity and implementation fuel everything we do. Whether working on a space plan for a building from the turn-of-the-century, or a project for a technology company like Pokemon, Zillow, Pandora or Google, our talented staff offer fresh ideas with outstanding results.Our team describes JPC's culture as collaborative, creative, flexible, welcoming, dynamic, rewarding, happy and fun.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect to provide team leadership on a wide variety of interiors-focused architecture projects that set design, work and technology trends. You will work on fast-paced, exciting projects in the company of other talented and engaged professionals.
- Provide project leadership throughout the design process from project set-up to construction administration
- Oversee the production of a comprehensive set of construction documents
- Evaluate consultant qualifications and coordinate the proposal and selection process
- Coordinate with the project team and outside consultants on building elements and solutions
- Ensure clear, timely communication with clients, owners, brokers and contractors regarding coordination issues, RFIs, ASRs, etc.
- Review contractor questions and submittals to ensure compliance with design solutions
- Mentor and guide team members to grow in their roles
- Review and QC team members' work to ensure high quality
- Ensure projects meet clients' goals and aesthetics, budget and fee agreements
- BA, BS or MA in Architecture, licensed/registered architect or pursuing licensure.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in the design and construction of interior architecture spaces.
- Extensive understanding of building systems; construction materials, methods and standards; structural principals and building codes
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills
- Smart, self-directed and resourceful
- Organized, committed to meeting deadlines
- Effective interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior staff and collaborate effectively with diverse teams of designers
JPC Architects offers competitive compensation that includes bonus potential, employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life AD&D, and LTD insurance, 401k profit sharing plan, free parking/bus pass and an on-site fitness center.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a digital portfolio saved as a .pdf. You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No recruiters or solicitors please.