Senior Interior Designer
JPC Architects is one of the leading corporate interiors and architecture firms in the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to excellent client service and superior design. Our talented architects, interior designers and technical staff describe our culture as collaborative, creative, flexible, welcoming, dynamic, rewarding and fun. JPC offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including; flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
We are seeking a Sr. Interior Designer to strategize and collaborate with team members to develop high-quality, innovative interior design solutions for a wide variety of clients and project types. You will complete full interior design packages from programming and space planning to construction documents and construction administration.
- Provide leadership throughout the design process for a variety of complex projects
- Complete a full design package from visioning, programming and space planning to construction and CA.
- Develop timetable for construction document production and delivery
- Conduct client interviews to determine space needs and requirements
- Lead client and internal project visioning and meetings
- Develop innovative design, furniture and lighting concepts
- Develop FF&E packages and write furniture and lighting specifications
- Prepare construction documents and technical interior architectural details
- Review contractor questions and submittals to ensure compliance with design solutions
- Supervise the work of junior designers
- Ensure project team members understand their roles with respect to priorities, milestones and deliverables
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, property managers, developers, contractors, etc.
- Participate in the interview/proposal process to secure new business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Well-rounded skillset that includes technical, design and emerging project management abilities
- Extensive hands-on experience and understanding of the design and construction of interior architecture spaces
- Strong programming and conceptualization skills
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and regulations
- Strong documentation and field observation skills with an understanding of how documents translate to contractors
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Able to interpret and incorporate abstract concepts into concise, accurate drawings and details
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp, InDesign and MS Office
Please submit your resume, cover letter and work samples as a PDF. You must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. No recruiters or solicitors please.