Interior Designer II
JPC Architects is looking for an Interior Designer to join our firm.
JPC Architects is one of the leading corporate interiors and architecture firms in the Pacific Northwest. Here at JPC, we think outside the box and challenge norms to create attractive, innovative, cohesive spaces that exceed our clients’ expectations. Our collective team of architects, interior designers, and technical staff is committed to excellent client service and superior design.
We are looking for an experienced Interior Designer II to work on a variety of commercial interior architecture projects across broad markets from corporate offices to retail, healthcare, hospitality and education. You may contribute to the design as a team member on larger projects, or work more independently under the supervision of a project manager or principal for smaller design projects.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Completing full design packages from programming through construction administration
- Developing space plans that are thoughtful, creative, viable and meet the client’s goals and aesthetic
- Participating in, and at times lead, client and internal project visioning and meetings
- Developing and writing basic furniture packages
- Executing comprehensive lighting specifications and plans
- Creating and delivering finish presentations
- Completing site verifications and site surveys
- Preparing full set of construction documents
- Assisting project managers with construction administration
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in the design and construction of commercial interior architecture spaces
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Ability to effectively communicate design ideas and direction verbally and visually
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with coworkers, clients and other key stakeholders
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Strong documentation and field observation skills
- Ability to interpret and incorporate abstract concepts into concise, accurate drawings and details
- Initiative, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines for multiple, fast-paced projects
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign
We have celebrated over 30 years in business, growing to a staff of 70 talented team members. At JPC, you can expect to find a dynamic, fun, and creative environment. Our culture fosters collaboration and the pursuit of fresh ideas.
We work hard and have fun doing it. Not only will you find us creating amazing designs for our clients, you’ll also find us celebrating staff birthdays and anniversaries, giving back to our community, working out together at our onsite gym, enjoying happy hours, and coming together as a team to reach our goals.
To find out more what it’s like to work at JPC, check us out on Instagram.
JPC offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including; flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.