Interior Designer II
How would you like to…
- Work on fun projects with great clients who have an open mind to new ideas?
- Have the freedom to influence the design of commercial interior spaces in a meaningful way?
- Work on an integrated team of designers and architects throughout the entire project?
- Work with people who truly care about your wellbeing?
JPC offers that and more!
As one of the leading corporate interiors and architecture firms in the Pacific Northwest, JPC Architects is committed to excellent client service and superior design. We have celebrated over 30 years in business, growing to a staff of 70 talented team members. Our culture fosters collaboration and the pursuit of fresh ideas. We think outside the box and challenge norms to create attractive, innovative, cohesive spaces that exceed our clients’ expectations.
We are looking for an experienced Interior Designer II to work on a variety of commercial interior architecture projects across broad markets from corporate offices to retail, healthcare, hospitality and education. You may contribute to the design as a team member on larger projects, or work more independently under the supervision of a project manager or principal for smaller design projects.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Completing full design packages from programming through construction administration
- Developing space plans that are thoughtful, creative, viable and meet the client’s goals and aesthetic
- Participating in, and at times lead, client and internal project visioning and meetings
- Developing and writing basic furniture packages
- Executing comprehensive lighting specifications and plans
- Creating and delivering finish presentations
- Completing site verifications and site surveys
- Preparing full set of construction documents
- Assisting project managers with construction administration
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in the design and construction of commercial interior architecture spaces
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Ability to effectively communicate design ideas and direction verbally and visually
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with coworkers, clients and other key stakeholders
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Strong documentation and field observation skills
- Ability to interpret and incorporate abstract concepts into concise, accurate drawings and details
- Initiative, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines for multiple, fast-paced projects
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign
Why You Should Apply
- Excellent career growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- Great health and welfare benefits
- Parking / bus pass
- Flexible schedule
- On-site fitness center with free group training for employees
- Regular onsite educational presentations and CEUs
- Fun celebrations and happy hours (e.g. Beer and Girl Scout Cookie Tasting)
- Talented coworkers who enjoy working together
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio as a .pdf.