Junior Interior Designer
JPC Architects is looking for a Junior Interior Designer to join our firm.
JPC Architects is one of the leading corporate interiors and architecture firms in the Pacific Northwest. Here at JPC, we think outside the box and challenge norms to create attractive, innovative, cohesive spaces that exceed our clients’ expectations. Our collective team of architects, interior designers, and technical staff is committed to excellent client service and superior design.
We are seeking a Junior Interior Designer to support our design teams throughout all phases of commercial interior architecture development and design projects.
- Participate in internal project visioning and meetings
- Participate in team collaboration on initial design concepts
- Assist with design development presentations
- Under supervision, develop preliminary space plans and programming documentation
- Conduct site verifications and site surveys to delineate existing conditions
- Assemble fabric and finish palettes
- Assist with writing furniture or lighting specifications
- Under supervision, draft basic construction drawings or correct drawings redlined by others
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, interior architecture or architecture from an accredited school
- At least two years of commercial interior design/architecture experience
- Basic understanding of commercial space planning principles
- Basic understanding of the permitting process
- Growing understanding of how commercial interior spaces are designed and constructed
- Basic knowledge of furniture systems
- Knowledge of interior materials and finishes
- Skilled at pulling together materials, colors and textures in cohesive and creative ways
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp and InDesign
We have celebrated over 30 years in business, growing to a staff of 70 talented team members. At JPC, you can expect to find a dynamic, fun, and creative environment. Our culture fosters collaboration and the pursuit of fresh ideas.
We work hard and have fun doing it. Not only will you find us creating amazing designs for our clients, you’ll also find us celebrating staff birthdays and anniversaries, giving back to our community, working out together at our onsite gym, enjoying happy hours, and coming together as a team to reach our goals.
To find out more what it’s like to work at JPC, check us out on Instagram.
JPC offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including; flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.